The visit_writer library writes legacy format VTK files with a minimal amount of code. The visit_writer library provides C and Python interfaces. Using the visit_writer library is covered in the Getting Data Into VisIt manual.
- The C version is available here.
- The Python version is distributed with VisIt. To access it:
- copy it to your current directory (cp /path/to/visit/VERSION/PLATFORM/lib/visit_writer.so .),
- Start up VisIt's Python interpreter (visit -cli -nowin),
- and say "import visit_writer".