Slice Movie Template
VisIt's Save movie wizard contains a powerful but little known capability called movie templates. Movie templates allow the user to combine multiple vis windows into a movie, layering the windows, adding transitions, etc. Movie templates can then be saved for later use with different datasets.
VisIt provides a slice movie template that animates a slice plane through all 3 dimensions of a 3D dataset before fading to black.
Click here to see the slice movie
Creating a slice movie
To create the slice movie using the movie template, you will only need to open the Save movie wizard and navigate through a set of screens.
Selecting a movie template
- Choose to create a new template movie.
- Choose to use an existing movie template.
- We want to use the Slice 3D movie template so click on that one in the list.
Entering movie template parameters
- VisIt will load custom user interfaces pages for the movie template.
- This page lets you fill in details such as which dataset will be sliced.
- You can also set visualization title and colors.
- This movie template ends with a fade to black sequence. You can set the duration of this sequence as well as the colors used.
Selecting movie formats
- Now begins the familiar part of the movie wizard where you select the types and sizes of the movies that you want VisIt to generate.
Setting movie generation parameters
- You can choose how and when VisIt will generate your movie.
- For example, if you want movie generation to take place within your current movie session then you would tell VisIt to use your currently allocated processors.
Generating the movie
- Once you have sucessfully navigated the movie wizard, VisIt will begin to generate your movie.