Links about Eureka
- General overview
- Their VisIt page
Getting to Eureka
- Start by ssh-ing to terra.mcs.anl.gov. This logging in from certain known machines that you have registered with ANL.
- Now ssh to login1.eureka.alcf.anl.gov
- The password is retrieved from your Cryptocard.
Running on Eureka
- The batch system is qsub and the internallauncher should support it.
- VisIt and its third party libraries are installed under /soft/apps/visit
- There is a config-site file, which is login1.conf
- You can look at images on Eureka using the command "display".
- To run, you must:
- Set your PYTHONPATH environment variable to: /home/buettner/python_lib:/usr/lib64/python:/usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload
- Edit your ~/.softenvrc file to have the line +mpich-1.2.7p1. Mine looks like:
# # This is your SoftEnv configuration run control file. # # It is used to tell SoftEnv how to customize your environment by # setting up variables such as PATH and MANPATH. To learn more # about this file, do a "man softenv". # @default +mpich-1.2.7p1
Hank's notes to self about porting and the movie
Still to fix:
- Python mismatch
- Profiles install
Still to tune:
- Commit Nek3D mesh fix
- SIL tune: all one takes less work
- Why is message from proc 0 to viewer so big?
- Ice-T? / slow compositing
- Why 10 minute hangs in VR with Clip?
- Report on performance?