Curve2D Overlay Movie Template
The Save Movie wizard provides a movie template that lets you create some plots and in a separate viewport, create a curve plot that completes as the movie advances in time.
- A 2D or 3D time-varying dataset
- A Curve file containing the curve that will be animated
Creating the movie
If you use a 3D dataset, you'll want to make sure that you set the view to something appropriate and that you position the 3D plot in the upper portion of the vis window. The 2D curve plot will be composited into the bottom part of the window.
- Select your time varying, database
- Select the plot and variable that you want to plot.
- Adjust title and colors
- Select the curve file that contains the curve you want to animate
- Choose PNG files for the time being. The ffmpeg tool that encodes PNG files to MPEG files currently has a tough time processing the PNG files that come from the VisIt compositing tool that assembles the images into the final frames.