Our Subversion repository is hosted by NERSC at Lawrence Berkeley Lab. Here's how you get access:
- Send a note to Hank Childs (hchilds at lbl dot gov) or Eric Brugger (brugger1 at llnl dot gov) indicating you would like to be in the repository.
- Submit a webform to NERSC requesting you get added.
- Select a Standard account.
- In the Organization box, try typing in the first few letters of your organization's name. It should present you with candidates matching that name.
- In the Principal Investigator and active repository box, type visit and select the one and only matching entry.
- In the description box, please include a statement that you need to be added to visit and visitdev user groups on NERSC systems.
- Reveiw the user agreement, scroll to the bottom and complete the Attestation and complete the submission.
- You may also be asked to submit this form. Its the same user agreement that appears on the account request.
- You should get a notice from the NERSC folks letting you know when the account is ready.
- Once you have an account and can log into NERSC systems such as edison or cori, then you will want to confirm you have read/write access to the VisIt repository. So, do the following...
- svn co svn+ssh://<username>@edison.nersc.gov/project/projectdirs/visit/svn/visit/trunk/src/svn_bin
- edit the nersc_username_to_email script in svn_bin adding an entry for yourself
- svn commit -m 'adding a new user'
- email jsmeredith at ornl dot gov, hankchilds at lbl dot gove, brugger1 at llnl dot gov or pugmire at ornl dot gov and request to be added to the visit-developers email list.
- In addition, you way want to be added as a developer to the VisIt Redmine and Wiki sites. If so, please contact brugger1 at llnl dot gov with that request.
- Finally, be sure to read SVN_Commit_Policy regarding requirements to email developers about your subversion activities.