Doxygenation: Auto VisIt Source Docs
VisIt's coding guidelines outline standard documentation practices that facilitate auto-generated code documentation. We are currently revamping our ability to automatically translate our comment format into doxygen supported comments and auto-gen doxygen html docs.
The tool to accomplish this is comprised of a set of python scripts located in the source code tree at:
- Identifies the following VisIt comment elements:
- Modification Lists
- Obtain/Build/Install Doxygen
- Obtain/Build/Install Graphviz (for the dot tool)
- Make sure both doxygen and dot are in your shell path.
- Doxygenate the source tree and prepare the Doxyfile by running:
./doxygenate.py ~/path/to/trunk/src/ output
(Note: In its current form this script needs to be run in src/tools/doxygenate to import DocBlock.py and obtain the title page (Index.doxy) and skeleton Doxyfile (Doxyfile.in))
(Also note: Since doxygenate operates recursively on the src directory, it is CRITICAL that the "output" directory be outside the src directory tree)
- Run doxygen:
- Open the resulting docs
- Populate the title page
- Verify auto-grouping (avt/engine/viewer,etc)
- Improved CSS?
- Some class carts have double inheritance lines.
- Stray characters due to block parsing errors.
If you encounter anything strange please post a link to it here so we can address it.