Collab:VisItWiki visit build open
This page details the various scripts that are needed for the release and install process at LLNL.
- visit_dist: creates a distribution
- visit-build-open: a script that will automate building VisIt on LLNL's open platforms. The script is used to do the Unix builds for each VisIt release.
- visit-build-closed: like visit-build-open, but for the closed side.
- visit-install-open: a script that is run after visit-build-open, it installs the build in /usr/gapps/visit.
- check out "docs", "src", and "data"
- 2.1RC_trunk/src/svn_bin/co_rctrunk 2.1RC /docs
- 2.1RC_trunk/src/svn_bin/co_rctrunk 2.1RC /src
- 2.1RC_trunk/src/svn_bin/co_rctrunk 2.1RC /data
- run /src/svn_bin/visit-dist visit2.1 -withhelp
- cd to that directory and run "visit-build-open -d visit2.1" to do a build everywhere.
- Wait for e-mails to come in with the build status.
- There will be compilation failures and you will iterate on the steps for making a distribution and building it several times.
- When satisfied the builds are acceptable, install them
- visit-install-open -private -v 2.1 (leaves V2.0 as default)
- visit-install-open -public -v 2.1 (makes V2.1 the default)